Features of Academic Writing
Introduction – Exercise
- IN HARD WATER AREAS REGULAR DESCALING IS ESSENTIAL TO KEEP YOUR KETTLE IN GOOD WORKING ORDER.
- If your kettle switches off before it has boiled it indicates your kettle needs descaling.
- Descale your kettle using
- either a proprietary kettle descaler suitable for PLASTIC kettles. Follow manufacturer’s instructions,
- or white vinegar
- Fill the kettle with ½ l of 8° white vinegar.
- Leave to soak for 1 hour without boiling.
- Empty your kettle and rinse it two or three times with clear water.
- or citric acid
- Boil 0.5 l of water.
- Add 25 g of citric acid.
- Leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Discard this mixture.
- Rinse the kettle with clear water two or three times.
- Repeat process if needed.
- Descaling agents for metal kettles, coffee makers or steam irons are unsuitable and will damage your Tefal kettle. Never use metal abrasives to clean the interior.
- When using powder descaler or citric acid, always add water. Never use in an empty kettle.
- Always follow the directions for use on the descaler carefully. Rinse the inside well after using a descaler.
Back to Features of academic writing: Introduction